Quality Assurance Manager
The Software Quality Assurance Manager is responsible for all aspects of software testing and quality assurance including personnel, plans, and execution. These responsibilities shall be met through day-to-day coordination of the manager's direct reports, Quality Assurance Engineers, along with other development team managers, developers, and Technical Support Engineers. Culture fit is extremely important, so the ideal candidate will be an organized, intellectually curious team player with excellent communication and people skills. He/she must be able to build strong relationships across departments and help drive Quality while meeting deliverable dates.
JOB DESCRIPTION AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Direct day-to-day activities of quality assurance team members
- Create and validate detailed, comprehensive and a well structured test plan and test cases
- Advocate for QA best practices across the development and engineering teams, and establish light-weight checks and balances to prevent regressions and production issues
- Validate new features according to requirements, consistency with existing features, and for optimal workflow from a client perspective
- Collaborate with the Engineering and Customer Success teams to develop and maintain public facing product documentation
- Write up bug reports, inquiries, and improvement requests thoroughly including description, steps to reproduce, all relevant context, screen shots, logs, and other relevant details
- Responsible for triage management from support and integration teams which includes prioritization, assignment, and escalations of cases in a timely manner
- Mentor junior QA team members of the team in testing and engineering best practices
- Organize and lead special initiatives as a member of the engineering leadership team, to improve process, investigate and qualify tools, develop test frameworks or techniques to benefit future projects
- Perform (project-level) test lead duties when needed, to include: stakeholder discussions, test strategy formation, team member mentoring, and deliverable status tracking and reporting
- As a manager, monitoring team performance, recruit and mentor QA team members, and liaise between cross-functional teams
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- 3+ years managing a QA team involved in both manual and automated testing
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, patterns and tools
- Experience working on Agile (Scrum) teams, and/or in a DevOps organization
- Experience with Enterprise level scale and performance needs
- Experience with Git, CircleCI, and Jenkins
- Understanding of cloud infrastructure services such as AWS, Azure, Google Compute
- Strong communication and influencing skills, and professional business demeanor
- Hands-on experience with automated testing tools such as Cypress
- Experience with building and/or maintaining a variety of test environments
- Process mindset, able to develop and improve process in order to support quality applications
What's in it for you?
- Opportunities for career advancement as we grow
- Competitive salary, 401k program with company match, parental leave, tuition reimbursement
- Good opportunities for career progression and increasing responsibilities
- Casual, fun and dynamic office located in Courthouse (right on the metro)
- Join a fast growing start-up in the exploding market space of cloud computing
- Great health, dental and vision insurance with at least 85% of premiums paid by DivvyCloud
Company Background / Culture
DivvyCloud is built and led by passionate technologists focused on building next generation cloud automation technology. Our culture is centered around bringing together top talent to solve challenging technical problems. Passion and a self-driven personality is critical to an individual's success at DivvyCloud. Our goal is to build a culture and office environment that doesn't feel like work, but rather is a place you want to be.
We have a proven, differentiated product; reference-able high profile customers; experienced leadership; and dedicated financial backers. Our co-founders come from the online game industry (Electronic Arts) so we have fun while working hard to drive success for our customers, employees and company.
DivvyCloud software enables organizations to achieve their cloud computing goals by simplifying and automating the lifecycle management of IT resources across leading public/private cloud platforms. DivvyCloud delivers multi-cloud infrastructure visibility, monitoring and automation to improve security, reduce costs, and ensure compliance.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status. We are an equal opportunity employer. DivvyCloud is a progressive and open-minded workplace where we do not tolerate discrimination or harassment in any form. If you are smart, passionate and good at what you do, come as you are.
***We will only evaluate candidates currently located in the Washington DC region***