Midwest Employed Hematology & Oncology - 1 Hr to Kansas City
The Health System is a joint venture between the University and a Health System, which has been awarded Best Places to work by Modern Healthcare. A unique opportunity to provide quality patient care in a community setting with academic support at your fingertips.
- Cancer Center located within the Hospital
- Provide patient care in a single location
- COC Accredited for over 35 years
- Access to 13 different academic disease specific tumor boards supported by the University of Kansas Cancer Center
- Access to Phase 1 clinical research trials in Kansas City supported by the University of Kansas Cancer Center
- Clinical research coordinator embedded in clinic
- Access to support services included dedicated social worker, board certified genetic counselors, financial counseling, and clinical dietitian.
- 24 hour hospitalist coverage for inpatient admissions
- 3 experienced oncology nurse practitioners
- 2 dedicated oncology pharmacists
- Palliative Care physician clinic
- Radiation Oncology in the same facility
- Includes clinic and outreach activities
- 21 chair infusion clinic
- Must be BC/BE in Hematology & Oncology
- Now accepting H1b and J1 visa candidates
- Employed through The University
- Competitive compensation guarantee + wRVUs
- Full benefits
- Malpractice coverage
- Relocation assistance
- Signing bonus
- Combined service area population of 425,681
- 378 Licensed Beds
- 35,000 ER visits annually
- Over 4,000 OP Surgeries
- Over 2,000 IP Surgeries
- 400 privileged providers
- 1,500 employees
Affordability - Topeka's overall cost of living index is 91.7, more than 10 percent below the national urban area average. Housing in the Topeka market is particularly affordable.
Livability - Neighborhoods, schools, civic and cultural activities, economic incentives and a "we can do that" attitude combine to make Topeka one of the best small metros in the United States.
Community Life - The arts are alive and well in Topeka with more than 20 galleries, multiple performing arts venues and First Friday Art Walk events in the NOTO Arts District. Outdoor enthusiasts love exploring the recreation facilities at Lake Shawnee, and Topeka has miles of paved, gravel and wooded trails for walkers, joggers and bikers. One hour drive to Kansas City and 30 minutes to popular University towns including The University of Kansas in Lawrence, KS, and Kansas State University in Manhattan, Kansas.
High Demand for Healthcare - Affordability plus livability plus high demand for healthcare equals an environment where your practice will flourish and you will be able to enjoy a high standard of living.
We first identify your personal and professional preferences and make ourselves aware of any specific considerations. We then search, screen, and present you with opportunities that closely match your specific criteria. Our approach enables us to introduce you to opportunities that may not be readily available or published for the public.
Linda Fenton│Vice President