Develops profitable bus operations plans, contracts, negotiations, and operational budget. Scope of position is including line run, charter and overnights to targeted markets that drive volume, retention and service delivery to customers.
- Responsible for the development, implementation and maintenance of the bus business plan and operational budget
- Participates in operating reviews.
- Plans and executes promotions targeted at bus segments.
- Spearheads negotiation of fee schedule for line run and charter motor coach operations for Seminole gaming.
- Assists in the development of customer incentive programs and marketing programs.
- Directs all aspects of bus operations including personnel, bus arrivals/departures area, promotions center.
- Develops and maintains relationships with motor coach companies, tour operators and group leaders.
- Maintains up to date knowledge of promotions, events, entertainment and general property information.
- Maintains records on competitive products and promotions.
- Must have excellent communication skills, tact and judgement, high moral integrity and strong work ethic.
- Conducts themselves in accordance with all Gaming Commission Regulations, and Seminole Tribe of Florida/departmental policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the duties and responsibilities satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Must have proven track record and relationships with reputable motor coach companies, tour operators and group leaders in the target market area.
- Ability to deliver a level of service which creates an atmosphere that makes our guests want to return, giving each guest a positive, memorable entertainment experience.
- Commitment to routinely go above and beyond in the accomplishment of position responsibilities in an effort to play a role in the achievement of organizational goals.
- Must present an image of excitement, enthusiasm, and outgoing personality, while being able to project a professional appearance.
Education and/or Experience:
- Three years in a similar position and a BA or BS in Business, Marketing or related field required or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 4 years previous experience in the operation of a casino or tour related bus operation.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSA's):
Effective communication and time management skills, along with the ability to forecast time management needs of others is required.
Excellent communication skills are required.
Ability to read and understand all Seminole Tribe of Florida policies and procedures.
Must be able to communicate effectively with guests in English, specific to position duties and responsibilities.
Must be able to complete standard Seminole Tribe of Florida forms and reports.
Must be able to speak to the general public and/or groups of individuals.
Must possess basic mathematical skills to include ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide specific to position responsibilities.
Ability to function and manage in non-standard situations where independent judgement is required and limited guidelines exist.
Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office is required.
Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations:
Must apply for, obtain and remain eligible for the appropriate Seminole Tribal Gaming License.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an incumbent to successfully perform the duties and responsibilities of the position.
- Must be able to continuously maneuver around the office and property, often standing for long hours.
- Must be able to respond to visual and aural cues.
- Must have the manual dexterity to operate a computer and other office equipment.
- Must be able to lift 30 pounds and able to bend, reach and stoop on a limited basis.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the duties and responsibilities of this position.
Duties and responsibilities are typically performed in the following three areas:
Professional office environment
- Casino Floor with constant exposure to general public
- Outdoors in all weather conditions
Develops profitable bus operations including line run, charter and overnights to targeted markets that drive volume, retention and service delivery to customers. Three years in a similar position and a BA or BS in Business, Marketing or related field required or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Previous experience in the opening of a Casino Hotel preferred. Must be able to continuously maneuver around the office and property, often standing for long hours. Must be able to respond to visual and aural cues. Must have the manual dexterity to operate a computer and other office equipment. Must be able to lift 30 pounds and able to bend, reach and stoop on a limited basis.
The Tribal Council gives preference in all of its employment practices to Native Americans. First preference in hiring, training, promoting and in all other aspects of employment is given to members of the Seminole Tribe who meet the job requirements. Second preference is given to members of other federally recognized Native American Tribes who meet the job requirements.
As part of Seminole Gaming's employment process, final candidates will be required to obtain gaming licensure by completing a background check with Seminole Gaming Compliance and Regulations, prior to an offer being extended. These background checks may include, but are not limited to:
- Criminal Background Check
- Drug Screen