Mechanical Technician - Are you mechanically inclined and looking for a career opportunity? We have immediate temp-to-hire positions in Ramsey. 1st shift Mon-Fri, 7am-3:30pm, some Saturdays with OT, as scheduled. Assists in assembling & fabricating industrial and commercial refrigeration systems following blueprints and other written and verbal specifications by performing the following duties.
- Ability to weld and paint structural steel frames.
- Prep compressors before mounting on rack, duties consist of: Mounting service valves - Mounting oil floats - verifying model & voltage per the job spec - Paint compressor head according to the refrigerant used. - mount & pipe components as directed by the Class "A" & "B" technician.
- Assists in drilling holes and installing mounting brackets and other components.
- Assists in lifting and aligning components into position.
- Assists in drilling, tapping, or reaming holes. Deburring metal or copper parts.
- Fabricates copper headers, braze and/or silver solder fittings, stubs and components.
- Fabricates stock brackets, copper stubs and miscellaneous parts as directed by supervisor.
- Assists in pressure tests and checks for leaks on all systems.
- Assists in insulating headers, suction and liquid lines.
- Assists in maintaining minimum quantities of stock materials, and anticipated material needs.
- Maintains good relationships with co-workers. Encourage teamwork concept for maximum productivity and quality.
- Maintains a clean and orderly shop and work area.
- Works at different work stations as production needs require.
- Ability to work independently in a timely and safe manner.
- Ability to consistently complete tasks within the time allowed.
- Assists the Plant Supervisor and Mechanical Engineering Department with all day-to-day duties, which may be required.
- Ability to read blue prints and diagrams.
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment helpful.
- Knowledge of the proper use of power tools.
- Brazing, silver soldering, arc, and wire feed welding.
- Pipe fitting experience helpful.
- Pre-employment drug screen.