Job Reference: WM - 1069
Job Start date: ASAP
Location: Shrewsbury, Telford, Stafford, Wolverhampton
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: Circa £30K DAYS
Benefits: To be discussed at interview
Maintenance Engineer - Job Overview:
We are supporting our client in their search for a Maintenance Engineer, who will have a strong electro-mechanical maintenance background with experience in the servicing and maintenance of plastics manufacturing machinery and CNC machinery
Relevant Job Titles:
Maintenance Engineer, Electrical Engineer, Maintenance Technician, Multi-skilled Maintenance Engineer, Electrical Engineer, Support Engineer
Position Purpose: Supporting all Projects, installations and the general maintenance of the building.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
* Carry installation work and Projects
* Carry out planned maintenance on all equipment and record details on a Maintenance software system
* Liaise with production engineering to support projects
* Source new parts.
* Mechanical and electrical maintenance of all production equipment on site to include CNC machinery, plastics manufacturing machinery, tool room equipment, ancillaries and others machines/equipment where required when workload dictates.
* Will be required at short notice to support shifts.
* General maintenance of the building and surroundings.
Skills / Knowledge
* Able to be licensed to operate forklift, pallet jack, overhead crane hoist, cherry pickers, scissor lifts etc. - we will train.
* Able to safely operate handheld and stationary power tools.
* Able to work safely with sharp and heavy objects.
* Physical job requirements, reaching, bending, and grasping and working in confined spaces.
* Able to use a computer (familiar with Microsoft packages) and Maintenance software packages
* Able to read and translate hydraulic drawings.
* Able to read and translate electrical drawings.
* Able to comprehend and follow printed and computer-screen instructions, and direction from supervisors or technical leads. Good written and oral communication skills.
* Strong attention to detail.
* Previous experience as maintenance engineer within an injection moulding and/or CNC milling working environment desirable but not essential.
* Previous experience in mechanical and electrical engineering.
* 16th or 17th Edition Wiring regulations certificate preferred.
If you would like to apply for the role, please send a copy of your full CV or contact the following consultant:
Matt Reynolds, Director
(phone number removed) / (phone number removed)
Whilst this position may not be of interest to you or suit your skills and experience, please don't hesitate to get in contact with one of the team at Willcox Matthews to understand how we can support you:
(phone number removed)
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK