Job Contact: Matt Reynolds
Job Reference: WM - 1170
Job Start date: ASAP
Location: Huddersfield, Bradford, Keighley
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £34,000 - £36,000
Benefits: excellent pension, healthcare, death in service + more
We are supporting our client in their search for a Maintenance Engineer, who will have a strong electro-mechanical maintenance background with experience in the servicing and maintenance of high speed manufacturing machinery
Relevant Job Titles:
Maintenance Engineer, Electrical Engineer, Maintenance Technician, Multi-skilled Maintenance Engineer, Electrical Engineer, Support Engineer
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
* Carry out planned and reactive maintenance
* Carry out planned maintenance on all equipment and record details on a Maintenance software system
* Liaise with production engineering to support projects
* Source new parts.
* Mechanical and electrical maintenance of all production equipment on site to include manufacturing machinery, ancillary equipment tool room equipment, ancillaries and others machines/equipment where required when work load dictates.
* Will be required at short notice to support shifts.
* General maintenance of the building and surroundings.
* Recommend and implement improvements to improve processes.
Skills / Knowledge
* Able to be licensed to operate forklift, pallet jack, overhead crane hoist, cherry pickers, scissor lifts etc. - we will train.
* Able to safely operate hand held and stationary power tools.
* Able to work safely with sharp and heavy objects.
* Physical job requirements, reaching, bending, and grasping and working in confined spaces.
* Able to use a computer (familiar with Microsoft packages) and Maintenance software packages
* Able to read and write in English, and do basic arithmetic.
* Able to read and translate hydraulic drawings.
* Able to read and translate electrical drawings.
* Good time management essential and able to respond to rapidly changing priorities.
* Good problem solving skills.
* Must be punctual and have good attendance.
* Able to comprehend and follow printed and computer-screen instructions, and direction from supervisors or technical leads. Good written and oral communication skills.
* Strong attention to detail.
* Previous experience in mechanical and electrical engineering.
* Vocational qualifications preferred.
* 16th or 17th Edition Wiring regulations certificate (requirement)
**This role will involve working rotating 12 hour day shift