Medical Assistant - Part Time - Mentor Wellness Campus
Lake Health Medical Center - Mentor, OH
Are you interested in becoming part of an outstanding team of professionals who make patient and family-centered care their priority? We currently have the following opportunity for an energetic, skilled, and compassionate individual like you to become part of the Lake Health team.
The Medical Assistant, under the direction of the Physician and Coordinator, is responsible to the Director or Practice Administrator, Lake Health, and its clients for assisting the Registered Nurses and physicians in rendering direct patient care services.
Essential Job Functions:
- Conduct patient care within capacity of training according to established standards of care, including vital signs, height, weight, and blood pressure, pulse rate, respirations, and temperature.
- Conduct vision, spirometry, audiometry, waived lab testing, drug screen collections, fingerprinting, injections and blood draws. Complete all annual competencies and demonstrate proper techniques for all procedures and testing.
- Maintain timely flow of patients by initiating services within 15 minutes of patient arrival.
- Perform patient call backs as required per MA level.
- Cross train and actively assist in one of the following areas: OP Lab (Sunquest), Registration
- ED on call, OH on sites, ECW, or other assignment by clinical manager.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Education: Graduate of high school. Graduate of an approved school of Medical Assistants. If not a graduate of an approved school of Medical Assistants, must be certified as a Medical Assistant through National Health Career Association
- License/Certification: Current AHA Healthcare Provider training (BCLS).
- Experience: One year work experience, preferably in a healthcare environment. Phlebotomy experience preferred.