Job Overview - Injection Moulding Setter:
We are supporting our client in their search 2x Injection Moulding Setters, to join their expanding team.
Sets up and processes injection moulding orders.
• Retrieve prepared aluminium moulds and installs into injection moulding press.
• Secure mould in machine and associated ancillary equipment.
• Loads material into the machine hopper.
• Sample moulds: Set-up machine operating parameters from scratch to process parts to specifications.
• Inspect sample parts for accuracy.
• Record process specifications onto setting sheets.
• Production moulds: Set-up machine operating parameters from established setting sheets. Process parts to specifications.
• Remove moulds from the press and stage for disassembly.
• Troubleshoot and correct process problems at the press.
• Purge barrel of leftover materials at the conclusion of an order.
• Adhere to all quality and safety standards within the department.
• Maintain clean and organised work area with emphasis on safety, quality, efficiency, and utilisation.
• Continually seek to improve work processes and individual performance.
• Adhere to all company policies and operational procedures.
• Perform additional tasks as assigned.
Skills / Experience:
• Previous setting experience in a plastics manufacturing environment is essential, e.g., processing, setups.
• Able to be licensed to operate material handling equipment (forklift, pallet jack, overhead crane hoist, etc.) - an advantage but not essential.
• Able to safely operate handheld and stationary power tools.
• Able to work safely with sharp and heavy objects (e.g., utility knives, aluminum blocks).
• Able to use measuring instruments such as scales, calipers, dial indicators.
• Physical job requirements, reaching, bending, and grasping.
• Able to use a computer and calculator. Able to read and write in English and do basic arithmetic.
Aptitude / Competencies/ Qualifications:
• Able to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented work environment.
• Must be punctual and have good attendance.
• Able to comprehend and follow printed and computer-screen instructions, and direction from supervisors or technical leads. Good written and oral communication skills. Strong attention to detail.
Relevant Job Titles:
Injection Moulding Setter, Injection Moulding Technician, Senior Setter, Senior Mould Technician, Tool Hanger, Setter Supervisor, Injection Moulding Process Setter
If you would like to apply for the role, please send a copy of your full CV or contact the following consultant:
* Jake Willcox, Director
* (phone number removed) / (phone number removed)
Whilst this position may not be of interest to you or suit your skills and experience, please don't hesitate to get in contact with one of the team at Willcox Matthews to understand how we can support you:
* (phone number removed)
We receive a large number of applications for all of our positions. If you have not received a response within 10 working days, your application has unfortunately been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Candidates must be eligible to work and live in the UK