An Implementation Specialist is responsible for leading customers in the implementation of company's software This includes understanding & guiding the customer through the 6 critical phases of the Implementation - Prepare, Gather, Plan, Configuration, Verify and Launch. You will work in partnership with other team members, closely following a standard implementation methodology. An Implementation Specialist is responsible for managing 15-20 projects at any given time.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participate as a key member of the implementation team charged with successfully implementing the Company software and become a subject matter expert in its functionality.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for the Customer's Project Team, ERP Project Managers/Consultants, Dependent Third-Party Vendors such as EDI & E-Commerce Partners.
- Lead discussions with customers regarding their business requirements and provide recommendations on usage of the solution. Expect to spend 70% of your time working with customers by leading screen share sessions. Each session will be documented and tracked in the project management session.
- Drive and document implementation decisions and configuration in our Internal Project Management System. Utilize the project management system to track time, tasks, scope, sessions and maintain accurate project status. Record customer communication through the project management system, providing transparency to project status.
- Correctly scope requirements, prioritize tasks and issues to support the project timeline.
- Ensure customer satisfaction and retention through timely solution delivery within the project timeline.
- Remain engaged with the customer throughout the implementation. This includes managing project deadlines, understanding customer priorities and driving customers through the implementation process.
- Exchange routine information with fellow members of implementation team, including priorities, timeliness, and issues as they arise.
- Maintain and expand knowledge and proficiency on implementation job function, products/services and implementation best practices. The Company software evolves rapidly, so being able to learn and adapt quickly is required.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Have 3-5 years prior customer facing software implementation and/or project management experience. That experience will include managing many projects in different phases concurrently and working as part of a team.
- The candidate will bring their own personality to the role while following Company's standard methodology/process.
- The candidate will be customer driven, results oriented and focused.
- Outstanding verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal skills are required with a great attention to detail. Candidate must be able to share their screen in conjunction with taking typed detailed session notes. In addition, be able to follow through with a timely summary of the session via email.
- They will thrive on changing priorities and rearranging tasks in order to balance attention across a large and diverse set of projects in a fast paced, high pressure environment.
- They will effectively manage their own work schedule with little to no supervision while meeting project timelines.
- Self-starter with a demonstrated ability to achieve results as part of an effective team, and ability to effectively prioritize and multi-task under deadlines.
- They will be proficient in current technologies, including Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams and in configuring web software solutions.
- They will enjoy leading screen share sessions with customers while enthusiastically sharing knowledge.
- Knowledge of ERPs such as NetSuite, SAP, Acumatica, Infor CSI is a plus.
- Knowledge of EDI (Electronic Data Interchange) including ASN Process (Advance Shipment Notification) and GS1 Labels, and Warehouse experience is a plus.