The successful candidate will prepare portions of contract proposal estimates for one or more disciplines, including the determination of applicable project plans and specifications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Review proposal specifications and drawings to determine scope of work and required contents of estimate.
- Prepare discipline estimates by calculating complete takeoff of scope of work.
- Maintain files of working documents as back-up for estimate figures, including current (accurate) information on prices from suppliers through direct contact, sales brochures, price lists, etc.
- Support other department personnel as required, may include preparing estimates in other disciplines.
- May review design options and recommend best solution based on cost, engineering quality, or availability of materials.
- Work with the marketing group to finalize documents for proposals.
- Other duties, responsibilities, or activities may be assigned at any time.
A strong understanding of spreadsheets, Timberline database, Trimble (WinEst), and on-screen take-off techniques is required.
Four-year engineering degree or equivalent combinations technical training and/or experience. Two to five years estimating, controls and/or engineering experience related to similar facility construction. Advanced knowledge of assigned discipline, estimating techniques and cost control, plus ability to interpret computerized cost data and systems essential.
Experience in self-perform work is preferred.
This position is based out of our Appleton Office. Job site visits will be required on a regular basis.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; talk and hear. The employee regularly is required to walk and reach with hands. The employee is occasionally required to stand; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Employee frequently uses computer keyboard, regularly travels (as vehicle driver and as passenger on various modes of transportation), and occasionally performs work on-site at construction work sites. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Employee views computer monitor frequently.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is sometimes exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to airborne particles or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
The Boldt Company does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or agencies. If you have any questions, please contact Boldt's Human Resources Department.
Appleton, Wisconsin, United States