Cork Film Festival
DIRECTOR OF PROGRAMMING
Cork Film Festival, Ireland’s first and largest film festival, is seeking to recruit a dynamic, experienced, and highly motivated professional to fulfil a new full-time three-year contract role as Director of Programming, commencing January 2020.
Our new Director of Programming will play a significant role in developing and delivering Cork Film Festival’s artistic policy and programming ambitions, contributing to the ongoing strategic development of the Festival. The Director of Programming will work closely with the Festival Director & CEO, manage the Programming Team, and support the Marketing and Festival Delivery Teams. The Director of Programming will be responsible for programming the annual Festival, developing year-round activity, supporting Festival delivery in line with CFF’s ethos, strategy and objectives, and contributing to the Festival’s development plan in consultation with the Festival Director and Board.
Full job description and an information pack: https://corkfilmfest.org/about-the-cork-film-festival/jobs/
How to Apply:
Please send your CV and a covering letter of no more than three pages outlining your vision and approach to programming the Festival over three years festivals. Please include your interest and suitability for the role. Email to email@example.com, with DIRECTOR OF PROGRAMMING in the subject line. The closing date for applications is Friday, 9th August, 5.00pm.
Interview Dates and Selection methods
· Short-listing of candidates will be on the basis of the information contained in their CV and covering letter
· Candidates who are shortlisted will be invited to attend an initial interview to be held in Cork on 20th/21st August
· The first interview may reduce the initial short list and remaining candidates will be invited for a subsequent second interview on Monday 9th September
· One of the interviews will require candidates to make a presentation
· Candidates short-listed for interview are welcome to have an informal conversation with the Festival Director
· Both interviews will be with an interview panel comprising Board members, the Festival Director and external experts.