Development Executive at the Irish Film Board
The Irish Film Board (IFB) is the national development agency for Irish film and animation investing in Talent, Creativity and Enterprise. The agency also supports and promotes the Irish film industry and the use of Ireland as a location for international production. In June 2018 the IFB will be re-branding to Screen Ireland.
As part of our work we wish to engage a dedicated Development Executive to work directly to the Project Manager team. The Project Manager Team work across development to production and the Development Executive would play a key support role to the team and front-line role to writers, producers and directors.
The Development Executive Role
We are seeking a dynamic, self-motivated individual to join the Production and Development team. The ideal candidate will bring a passion for great content for film and television storytelling. They will bring a desire to elevate the quality of material through the development process. This is a busy environment and they will need to be able to multi-task a high volume workload, including the management of multiple projects in development, large number of incoming applications and internal meetings.
Candidates should be self-motivated, complex ‘problem solving’ and a team player who can react with appropriate urgency to situations that require responses.
The role sees the Development Executive working on early to mid-stage project development. This would be done in conjunction with the Project Manager Team. It will involve initial project assessment, recommendations to the Project Manager Team and dealing directly with applicants.
The role will consist of:
- Working closely with the Project Manager Team on a wide range of projects in development.
- Handling project applications for Development.
- Assessing a wide range of material, making recommendations on submissions and providing constructive feedback to applicants
- Liaising with Script Readers and Script editors.
- An in depth knowledge of the Irish and international screen content production sector.
- Knowledge and experience of the script development process
- A very high standard of script editing skills and be able to provide editorial notes
- Good communication skills – written and oral
- Self-motivated and works on own initiative and instinct
- A forward creative thinker – plugged into film, theatre, television and all things screen culture related.
- Must have a passion to continually raise the bar of excellence.
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work as part of a team and represent the interests of the whole team
- Committed to equality and diversity
Interested applicants are invited to forward a detailed CV that highlights relevant experience and a covering letter in strict confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 25th May 2018 at 5.00 pm.
The covering letter should set out how you address the Essential Experience and the Essential Qualities and the skills and good humour you will bring to the position.
You will also be expected to be conversant with the new IFB Strategy ‘Building on Success’ - see www.irishfilmboard.ie.
This position will be offered on a 4 year fixed–term contract, full time and exclusive. This is a sanctioned post at AO (Higher) of €44,276 with annual increments subject to performance.
Annual leave is 25 days per annum and this post will be part of the Irish Film Board Superannuation Scheme. There will also be a probationary period.
This position is directly responsible to the CEO. The post will be based in Dublin.
Bord Scannán na hÉireann/the Irish Film Board is an equal opportunities employer.
Bord Scannán na hÉireann/the Irish Film Board is under the aegis of the Department of Culture, Heritage and the Gaeltacht.