Events & Publishing Executive
1 day left
- Job Type
Experience: 3 years +
Remuneration: Dependent on experience and portfolio
Reporting to: Screen Commercial Director with dotted line to Head of Events
A rare opportunity has arisen for an Events & Publishing Executive to join MBI Ltd, across the film, TV and advertising industries. You will be working mainly with Screen International, but also assisting the Broadcast and Shots team on bespoke events.
You will also be producing and delivering world class existing events within the portfolio both in the UK as well as at festivals and markets in overseas locations such as Cannes, Berlin, Toronto and LA.
You will be self-motivated, used to being accountable and have pots of initiative.
The Events & Publishing Executive works seamlessly with the Commercial team and is responsible for the sales admin duties. They also produce bespoke events for MBI’s readers and sponsors as well as working closely with the Production team and Editorial teams for the organisation of international film festivals including distribution of magazines.
This role involves working on international events on a regular basis and often working outside of normal hours.
Bespoke events at international festivals and in London, mainly for Screen but also assisting Broadcast and shots:
- Event management - Management and delivery of bespoke events from small exclusive roundtables, to seminars and cocktail receptions, awards, regular breakfast briefings, exclusive film screenings, panels and others
- Full on site management
- Understanding key demographic of the industry and who we want to attract to our events, compiling and managing relevant guest lists for each event.
- Managing internal and external stakeholders and supplier, incl. event designers, venues, caterers, photographers, entertainment etc.to deliver world class events/functions.
- Create check list and liaise with event sponsors and building own relationships, gaining sign off on event-related materials, media walls, stage set, invites, menus, banners.
- Responsible for all bespoke event marketing planning, including e-shots, copywriting, invitations, creating concepts and briefing designer for promotional advertisements and overseeing all bespoke event marketing activity and booking it in with adops and commercial teams
- Budget management - creating and keeping P&L up-to-date and reporting to senior management
- Post event analysis, guest lists and budgets presentation in the debrief meeting
- Manage sales ledger – this involves accurately inputting orders received by the sales team on the day it has been received, ensuring if there is a monthly exchange rate this is update on the ledger.
- Assist with the implementation of Salesforce
- Ensure correct weekly and monthly sales reporting to the finance team and liaise with Finance team on invoicing and on all invoice and debt queries.
- Liaise with Marketing team to promote Screen at key markets and within the Screen portfolio.
- Assist the Commercial Director with Media Pack productions and key presentations.
- Assist production team in chasing artwork.
Screen International publishes printed dailies at key international markets and festivals. Here are your key responsibilities at festivals:
- Key point of contact for all festivals and manage key festivals and markets partnerships.
- Organise travel and accommodation for sales, editorial and marketing teams.
- In charge of distribution of magazines at markets, managing external supplier.
- Management of Screen international’s office set up at festivals.
- Budget management - creating and keeping festivals P&L up-to-date and reporting to senior management
- Post-festival analysis, distribution and budgets presentation in the debrief meeting
Qualifications & Experience
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- MS Office savvy with a strong focus on excel
- Budget management
- Experience in a commercial events role minimum 3 years
- Experience of working to deliver sponsor requirements
- Good contact book with existing relationships
Skills and competencies
- Planning & organisational skills must be second to none
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with proven success in relationship building with both suppliers and sponsors
- Good client management and communication skills
- Excellent negotiation skills and stakeholder management
- Customer focused and experience of relationship building
- You will have relentless attention to detail
- Be able to priorities successfully
- Must have worked on commercial events
- Knowledge or understanding of how to research internationally venues
- ‘Can do’ attitude and positive energy.
- Be a team player that can work with MBI events team to ensure that cover is arranged where required
- Be able to multi-task and priorities – you may be producing several events at once, planning this is crucial
- Deadline driven and must be able to work under pressure – be unflappable but with the required sense of urgency
- Must be able to travel internationally and in the UK and work outside of office hours
- Take the lead on events and come up with solutions to any issues at the drop of a hat
- Be able to manage expectations both internally and externally
Apply for Events & Publishing Executive
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly