Head of Production
Vertigo Films is an ambitious and dynamic independent production company which has made a number of successful films including StreetDance 3D, Horrid Henry, The Football Factory and Monsters. The company has recently diversified into the production of high-end television drama for the international market. We have just completed our first major television production, and have a number of other shows being set up for production later on this year.
Based in Central London, the role of Head of Production is responsible for overseeing all productions from inception to delivery. We are looking for an experienced television executive who will help us with the growth of our television division and the achievement of our ambitious plans.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Providing operational support to productions, from development through to commissioning, production and delivery
- Liaising with broadcasters and distribution partners
- Working with Vertigo’s finance and business affairs teams to ensure the accurate reporting of production costs and cash flow forecasts and that the necessary documentation is in place for each show
- Working with the senior management team with regards to the strategic development of the company
The ideal candidate for this position will have extensive experience of working as a Production Executive or Head of Production in a television drama production company.
Key requirements include:
- Extensive budgeting and scheduling skills
- Experience in overseeing production processes on large scale period dramas, with complex visual effects
- Experience with foreign co-productions
- Assessing project and resource requirements
- Great people management skills – able to manage production teams and liaise with broadcasters and financiers
- Confident in juggling multiple projects and managing a diverse production slate
- Flexible and creative
- Good problem solver
- Ensuring health and safety requirements are met