Sky Entertainment Osterley
This role sits within the Entertainment Acquisition Hub within Sky Entertainment. Their primary aim is to track, negotiate for and secure high quality content to play on Sky's wholly owned channels, on demand services and transactional platform (Sky Store).
We aim to find the very best content to inspire and enthuse our customers and ensure that our channels continue to be the very best in Pay TV.
The channels supported include Sky 1, Sky Living, Sky Atlantic, Sky Arts, Sky Movies and Sky Store as well as others as may be launched from time to time.
As an Acquisitions Executive you will provide extensive editorial, operational and administrative input into the Acquisitions department across all of Sky Services, Platforms and Channels - for example, , Sky1, Sky Living, Sky Atlantic, Sky Arts, Pick and Challenge, NOWTV, Sky Box Sets, Sky Cinema and Sky Store. Working alongside the Acquisitions Managers, the SVP Sky Entertainment, Head of Acquisitions and the Director of Acquisitions, the Acquisitions Executive, will help secure the best acquired content for the business as well as ensuring the smooth running of various departmental systems.
* Basic negotiation of deals/deal support/shadowing (depending on level of experience)
* Liaising with colleagues across the Sky Group (Sky DE & Sky IT)
* Maintain tracking documents for new shows and movies in development (in conjunction with SVP, Sky Entertainment), and TX dates (with Scheduling)
* Communicating and circulating information about the new acquisitions - TX dates in the US/ratings/new media rights/materials availabilities etc.
* Distributing to colleagues around the business screeners, ensuring that our acquisitions are screened and when programmes have been acquired effectively promoted
* Screening new programmes or movies, reading scripts or treatments and advising (as part of a team) on their suitability for the business from Sky Entertainment channels to Sky Cinema, to cover for the PA/Team Assistant in the Hub where necessary
* To deputise for the Acquisitions Manager where appropriate (depending on experience)
* Demonstrable experience of working in TV, in a busy, deadline driven environment
* Excellent editorial skills - a keen eye for a winning show and a passionate understanding of acquired programmes both scripted and unscripted
* Highly knowledgeable about the acquisitions marketplace both in terms of programming and distribution
* Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
* Demonstrable experience of working in a TV Acquisitions departments and some knowledge of key suppliers/contacts would be desirable
As a valued employee of Sky, you'll benefit from a free Sky+HD premium package, an excellent pension scheme, private health care and a share save scheme. There's a range of other benefits to help you make valuable tax and national insurance savings too.
It's our people that make Sky Europe's leading entertainment company. That's why we work hard to be an inclusive employer, so everyone at Sky can be their best.
If you are successful in your application for this role, your appointment will be subject to receiving a positive outcome from your Criminal Record Check.
Happy to talk flexible working