Legal & Business Affairs Executive - one position perm, the other maternity cover
Warner Bros. Television Production UK have two vacancies for Legal & Business Affairs Executives (one permanent and one fixed term, maternity cover).
Our Legal and Business Affairs Executives are responsible for delivering high quality legal and business affairs advice to production teams and management which is technically excellent, trusted and in accordance with the commercial imperatives of the business.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- drafting and advising on agreements for the development of programming, including development, talent and format agreements
- drafting and advising on agreements for the production of programming, including commissioning, production and co-production agreements, contributor agreements, presenter agreements, access agreements, location, studio and production services agreements
- advising productions on rights issues, clearance issues and compliance and libel matters, including advising on compliance with the OFCOM Broadcasting Code and broadcaster policies
- conducting production ‘set up’ meetings to advise teams on legal and compliance issues that may be relevant during production
- managing disputes, claims and complaints from contributors, broadcasters, viewers or other parties
- negotiating distribution agreements for the exploitation of ancillary rights
- advising on UK and international broadcaster’s terms of trade and availability of rights
- negotiating and advising on production financing arrangements
- preparing production protocols and guidance notes for production teams in relation to key areas, such as child licensing, data protection and editorial compliance
- advising on copyright and trademark matters
The ideal candidate will have at least 2 years PQE preferably gained within a TV/media environment.