DATA OPERATOR – NIGHT SHIFT
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Deluxe Technicolor Digital Cinema, part of the Deluxe group, are the leading provider of a broad range of Digital Film services and technologies to major Hollywood Studios and the Independent Film Market.
As a Data Operator, you will be situated within one of Deluxe’s most significant departments at the heart of the Digital Cinema pipeline. You will be required to undertake day-to-day file checking, delivery, storage management and long-term cataloguing of digital files.
This position is responsible for working & operating alongside all our digital operational teams.
This role reports into the Data Operations Manager.
- Must have +1 year's data management experience in a Digital Cinema/Post-Production/Media environment
- Broad knowledge of data transfer software common to post-production and data management industries.
- Knowledge of digital cinema production terminology would be advantageous.
- A good understanding of the concept of databases and metadata.
- Experience of project management and meeting deadlines.
- Working experience with Windows and Linux operating systems.
- A basic understanding of Linux, Unix or DOS shell navigation.
- A working knowledge of storage media and storage technologies.
- Loading and archiving files from LTO tapes, HDD, CD-Rom, DVDs.
- Archiving projects using a tape robot and tape library; Ensuring critical data backups are completed and the transfer of data as and when required.
- Creating and managing the directory structures for multiple projects; Moving, copying and deleting project files.
- Monitoring central storage disk usage using disk management software tools; Capacity planning and management of production data storage.
- Creating Aspera accounts for numerous high profile clients.
- Upon confirmation of asset validity, delivering the assets via agreed method; Hard Drive, LTO, FTP, Aspera Faspex, Aspera P2P, Signiant, Netflight, SmartJog, Fotokem.
- Adhering to file naming conventions and established working protocols.
- Always looking for ways in which efficiency and productivity can be improved.
- Technology or Computing Experience.
- Intermediate operational experience with Windows and Linux operating systems.
- Operational experience of Linux, Unix or DOS shell navigation.
- A working knowledge of storage media, SAN infrastructures and storage technologies.
- Data format knowledge.
- Experience with Digital Storage Systems.
- Experience with Digital Transfer Systems.
- Understanding of Network Topologies.
Intermediate operational experience with:
- Microsoft Windows.
- Linux / Unix.
Hardware and Software
- Experience with tape backup systems (LTO).
- Operational experience with Aspera, Signiant, SmartJog, and FTP, FTPS.
(E.g. common sense, diplomacy, initiative)
- Polite and professional with a positive and optimistic approach
- Ability to work well under pressure and maintain focus.
- Ability to work on own initiative but also be a good team player
- Ability to make clear decisions
- Diligent and organized
- Able to anticipate and develop contingencies
- Flexible with the ability to work in a fast paced demanding environment
- Objective and balanced within a demanding environment
- An understanding of film post production and associated technologies
- Positive and flexible attitude.
- Reliable and professional.
- A good team player.
- Energetic and positive in approach.
- Willing and able to trouble shoot complex problems.
- Share an interest in continuing to develop and expand your technical skill set in conjunction with the department.
Night Shift – 4 Days on 4 Days off Rotational shift pattern 8pm-8am