Account Manager, Marketing Solutions Screen International
Sales Manager and Commercial Director
- To personally over deliver on revenue targets on Screen International marketing solutions and events, selling to an international client base, including but not limited to France and the UK
- To work on potential launches such as new events
You will be responsible for Marketing Solutions on Screen International including but not limited to:
- Advertising in the magazines including the Monthly magazine, Awards weeklies and Festival dailies
- Special supplements, including the annual Training Guide and Festival Specials
- Digital advertising, newsletters, solus emails
- Roundtables and sponsored panels
- Sponsorship of international networking events
- Sponsorship of the Screen Marketing & Distribution Awards
- The World of Locations supplement and website
You will be expected to deliver planned commercial products as well as create and launch new ones, gaining buy in from the editorial team and marketing.
1) Strategy and Sales Development
- Develop and implement your own operational sales plan in line with the Sales strategy as directed by the Commercial Director
- Understand the economic and market dynamics across the different brands and apply this insight to further developing the business
- Be able to launch new products, working to key timelines and profit targets
- Deliver own personal sales targets
2) Market & Product Knowledge
- Ensure a thorough working knowledge of the products for which you are responsible, their brand extensions and the markets in which they operate
- Ensure full awareness of all competitor activity
3) Relationship Management
- Ensure all products achieve and maintain a high profile within the market, keeping appropriate levels of contacts with key clients
- To understand the customers’ business environment and their needs
- Develop and maintain relationships with customers based on an understanding of their business and market dynamics
- Develop and maintain strong relationships and communications with your brand teams e.g. Editor/ marketing/production etc.
4) Sales Performance
- Deliver / exceed against monthly, quarterly and annual sales targets (revenues/share/yield) for each business area
- Be responsible for your own clients and demonstrate excellent customer service by operating best practice
- Identify and assess new product/business development to ensure sustainable growth.
- Maintain regular contact with existing key customers and endeavour to grow revenue and share
- Target, deliver and grow new business across your products
- Gather market intelligence from your own visits, and use to generate and implement NPD / Business development
- Work to agreed sales area KPI’s; define sales patch, segment opportunity; focus effort, manage and measure pipeline
Personal Attributes & Experience
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role
- An energetic person who loves selling and closing new business deals
- A proven track record of outperforming budgets/targets
- Experience selling multi-platform solutions including, print, online, and other bespoke solutions, awards and conference experience beneficial but not crucial
- Experience of trouble shooting and ability to turn products around
- Experience working with clients directly is essential
- Experience of working in a B2B publishing environment is preferred
- Proven success of identifying new markets and new revenue streams- new product development
- Excellent internal communication skills
- Fluency in French is preferred but not essential
- International travels will be required to key film markets and festivals and for clients visits
About Media Business Insight Ltd
- MBI owns a unique digitally-led portfolio of leading multichannel subscription based brands, offering content and insight to key decision makers and creative in the media industry across TV, advertising and marketing services, and film.
- MBI brands are: Broadcast, shots, Screen International, Brad Media Planning and ALF Business Development
- The company has around 80 employees based in Shoreditch
About the brand:
Screen International is the leading film industry resource covering the international film markets.
Our staff writers and editors and our global network of correspondents, provide in-depth analysis, opinion and commentary on the issues, people and products shaping the worldwide film industry.
- Screen International is the monthly print edition packed with in-depth analysis of commercial prospects and the issues impacting the international film industry, PLUS special editions throughout the year covering major industry markets and festivals.
- ScreenDaily.com is the real-time resource for the latest film news, movie reviews, festival reports, distribution deals, industry moves and box office data, keeping users up-to-date with the industry across all digital platforms.
- ScreenBase is an online, interactive database with vital production and financing information for the top five European territories, designed to enable users to find partners, distributors and talent.
- Screen Dailies – the market leading daily newspapers produced in print and online at key markets including Cannes, Berlin, AFM, Toronto and Hong Kong.