Development Executive, London based (as part of Icon Films’ expansion)
Initial 6 month full time contract
Icon Films is looking for an experienced Development Executive with a track record of developing formats and returnable series.
This position has been created to work alongside Icon’s Heads of Factual and Popular Factual to secure commissions with UK terrestrial channels, both daytime and peak.
The successful candidate will be known within the UK TV industry as a successful developer with proven commissioning success. You will have the ability to pick up projects with traction/strong channel interest and work closely with the commissioner and the creative head. You’ll take ideas from development, through to the pitch and on to a successful commission
Duties will include:
- Develop, create and pitch targeted ideas for the UK terrestrial market
- To diversify and increase commissioner relationships
- To create distinctive development materials that result in commissions
- Spend at least 1 day per week in the Bristol office working with the wider Icon team
- Produce/feed into taster tapes
- Pitch alongside Icon Films’ Creative Heads
Essential skills/experience and qualities:
- Proven track record of developing UK ideas resulting in commission
- Direct experience of factual programme making
- Passion for, and understanding of, the factual output of UK broadcasters, the major hits and latest trends
- Ability to develop factual content in a timely manner
- Good editorial judgement
If you feel you match all the above and still have more to offer, please apply by sending your CV with a covering letter, indicating why you feel you are the best candidate for the role to email@example.com
Closing date is end of business on the 1st September 2017.
Due to the high number of applications we receive if you have not heard from us by the 15th September 2017 please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
Icon Films is an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity
Apply for Development Executive, London based (as part of Icon Films’ expansion)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly