Project Manager (recruiting for 2 x Project Managers)
Bord Scannán na hÉireann/the Irish Film Board (IFB) is the national development agency for Irish film and animation investing in Talent, Creativity and Enterprise. The agency also supports and promotes the Irish film industry and the use of Ireland as a location for international production.
This is a very exciting time for Irish film. In 2015 and 2016 we have witnessed the most extraordinary success of Irish film, television and animation.
Core and central to the work of the IFB is the Creative Team and creative decision making. The core creative team is currently made up of three Project Managers who work across film, television and animation projects.
In the light of the upcoming completion of the existing Project Manager contracts we are now seeking to appoint two Project Managers to join the team.
The IFB’s mission is to support and promote Irish film, television and animation through fostering Irish artistic vision and our diverse creative and production talent, growing audiences and attracting filmmakers and investment into the country.
We deliver on our mission through:
- Providing leadership, direction and advocacy for the Irish film industry.
- Development and Production funding for Irish film and screen content.
- Investing in people and skills development through Screen Training Ireland.
- Promoting the distribution of supported feature films, bringing Irish film to wider audiences.
- Promoting Irish films to major international markets.
- Generating inward investment by promoting Ireland as a film location and advising international companies on locations.
- Engaging with European counterparts on mutually beneficial policy initiatives.
Our role sees us directly involved in the creative process of the development and production of Irish film and other audiovisual projects. We provide investment for the development, production and distribution of Irish feature films, feature documentaries, animation and short films.
Project Manager – Role Description
This is a challenging role but incredibly rewarding and often exhilarating. The role sees the Project Manager working across film and other audiovisual projects from initial concept / development stage through to production and subsequent exploitation. The role will involve working closely with producers, directors and writers on the development and production of projects (feature film, feature documentary and animation). It will also involve working with other production funders including film distributors, broadcasters, state film funding agencies, sales agents and other co-financiers.
The role will consist of:
- Assisting Irish writers, producers and directors on the development of individual projects across all genres of feature film, animation and feature documentary.
- Steering the project from idea / concept stage to packaging / financing – this may involve the use of external mentors / script consultants to bring the project to creative excellence and market readiness.
- Liaising with other production financiers including film distributors, broadcasters, state film funding agencies, sales agents and other co-financiers.
- Attending meetings to discuss and make recommendations to the Board of the IFB in relation to applications for development funding and production funding. .
- Working with the CEO / Project Group Team around initiatives to develop creative talent working in the film and audiovisual production sector.
Project Manager – Essential Experience
The successful candidate must be have sound proven script development and editorial experience.
You will need:
- Experience of working in the film and television industry is essential.
- Demonstrated experience in the script development process and the assessment of projects from a creative perspective.
- Proven ability of working with Irish creative talent including writers directors and producers in bringing projects from development through to production and distribution.
- An ability to balance the cultural and creative considerations in supporting Irish creative talent in film and screen content.
- A demonstrable understanding of to the unique role of a national screen agency.
Project Manager – Essential Qualities
This is a highly rewarding role but also highly challenging – you will need to be convincing, calm and collected.
You will need:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with an ability to convince and influence outcomes – remaining calm under pressure.
- Ability to juggle a large and varied workload, to take direction, but to be able to work unsupervised on a day-to-day basis on film and audiovisual projects.
- A highly motivated, proactive self-starter with a keen eye for detail and a commitment to excellence with a dedication to delivering on the goals of the IFB.
- A team player who can positively contribute to a dynamic and innovative working environment.
Interested applicants are invited to forward a detailed CV that highlights relevant experience and a covering letter in strict confidence by Friday 20th January 2017 at 5.00 pm.
The covering letter should set out how you address the Essential Experience and the Essential Qualities and the skills and good humour you will bring to the position.
You will also be expected to be conversant with the new IFB Strategy ‘Building on Success’ - see www.irishfilmboard.ie.
This position will be offered on a 5 year fixed–term contract, full time and exclusive. This is a sanctioned post at Professional Grade 2 with a starting salary of €58,765 with annual increments subject to performance. Annual leave is 25 days per annum and this post will be part of the Irish Film Board Superannuation Scheme. There will also be a probationary period.
This position is directly responsible to the CEO. The post will be based in Dublin.
Bord Scannán na hÉireann/the Irish Film Board is an equal opportunities employer.
Bord Scannán na hÉireann/the Irish Film Board is under the aegis of the Department of Arts, Heritage, Regional, Rural and Gaeltacht Affairs.