SENIOR EDITOR - ONLINE & FESTIVALS
SENIOR EDITOR - ONLINE & FESTIVALS
This is an exciting opportunity for a talented, motivated and experienced online editor with strong writing, commissioning and technical skills to join a fast-paced, nimble editorial team.
The successful candidate will oversee Screen International’s website ScreenDaily.com, ensuring it is achieving its maximum reach and effect through expert curation, appealing presentation and compelling editorial content, as well as editing Screen’s market-leading daily editions (both print and digital) at key film festivals and markets.
The role is London-based but will require international travel throughout the year.
Skills, Attributes & Experience
- Highly organised individual able to maintain a consistently high level of performance while coping with multiple deadlines.
- Improving and developing Screen’s website, ScreenDaily.com, to ensure overall presentation is always slick, professional and appealing.
- Astute knowledge of online publishing, including generating optimal headlines, achieving strong social-media outreach with content and increasing overall traffic to ScreenDaily.com particularly during awards season.
- Ability to work closely with other members of the editorial team to generate compelling content and build upon Screen’s position as the leading voice for the international film industry, including writing and reporting as required.
- Oversee Screen’s market-leading daily editions (both print and digital) at key film festivals and markets, editing and coordinating coverage.
- Editing and posting online copy, and helping to coordinate Screen’s daily email newsletters.
- Knowledge of CMS systems and basic HTML.
- Exceptional sub-editing skills, with the ability to edit strongly, creatively and swiftly, and an eagle eye for detail and accuracy, including thorough fact checking.
- Ability to manage and prioritise editorial workflow, including strong forward planning and scheduling.
- A dynamic self-starter who can make quick decisions on a daily basis and, as a senior member of the team, motivate reporters and freelancers at markets and festivals.
- Demonstrate commercial awareness and understanding of commercial framework.
- Ability to work closely with the commercial team on bespoke content solutions for clients where required.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with extensive experience working for a business-oriented publication, as well as editing and web experience, including work with content management systems. You should be able to thrive in a fast-paced news environment while maintaining careful attention to detail and understanding long-term planning. Film industry knowledge and contacts are useful.
The candidate should be able to work constructively within a compact, busy team and display a positive work ethic. You will be required to interact with the film industry and work closely with colleagues from different departments on a daily basis so good people skills are vital.
About Screen International
Screen International is the home for news, reviews, features, analysis, festival reports and commentary for the global film industry, providing insight and intelligence into a world of production, finance, sales, exhibition and distribution. Now in its fourth decade of operation, Screen diligently covers the network of individuals, companies, events and relationships that compose the international film business. Alongside the print magazine Screen International, we also have online offering ScreenDaily, daily email newsletters, market and festival print dailies, special print supplements and annual live events like our Screen Awards and Screen Film Summit.