This is rare opportunity to hold a key position at the National Film and Television School (NFTS), one of the most respected film, television, games and new media schools in the world.
The NFTS is looking for a qualified accountant with Board level experience gained in either Higher Education or the creative media industries. The NFTS has annual turnover of £11m and an actively engaged Board of Governors comprised of senior industry leaders. The institution is financially supported by DCMS, Creative Skillset, HEFCE and the UK creative industries.
The Finance Director will report to the Director of the NFTS and will provide strategic support, advice to the Schools Management Team. The Finance Director is responsible for the leadership of the School’s finance function, with a remit to deliver an efficient, controlled, user-focused operational finance service to internal stakeholders, while also meeting the reporting requirements of external stakeholders, including the HEI regulator, HEFCE.
The right candidate will have energy, initiative and enthusiasm and is someone who would like to play a critical role in the next phase of the NFTS’s illustrious history. A new stage in its evolution is starting now with a £15m transformational building project which will allow the School to expand its leading Postgraduate training offering. The opportunity would suit someone who relishes the opportunity to work collaboratively, effectively influencing and building relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders to achieve objectives, whilst remaining sensitive to the culture of a small creative educational institution.
This is an exciting opportunity to provide financial leadership at a world-class institution.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE NEEDED
- Qualified accountant
- Senior financial management, either in the creative industries or Higher Education sector – Board level
- Ability to think in strategic terms and a willingness to exercise strong and decisive leadership within a collaborative structure
- Experience of leading a Finance team
- Ability to work collaboratively as an active member of a senior management team
- Knowledge of establishing and managing financial systems and robust financial controls
- The capacity to innovate and lead change management and the ability to improve processes and procedures
- Excellent leadership, team-building and decision-making skills, combined with the ability to motivate staff
- Excellent communication (both written and oral) and interpersonal skills to engage with and influence colleagues and stakeholders