This job is no longer available
Lionsgate is a leading global filmed entertainment studio and is a major producer and distributor of motion pictures, home entertainment, family entertainment, television programming, video-on-demand and digitally delivered content.
Lionsgate has an immediate opening for a London-based SVP Distribution for it’s international television licensing division covering film and television series in both traditional and new media. Responsible for several key European territories (e.g., Germany), the successful candidate will also manage a small team comprised of a Sales Director and a Deal Coordinator/Assistant.
An ambitious sales leader with extensive experience building, developing and managing a high performance International Sales team. We're looking for an experienced sales manager with an outstanding track record of increasing revenues in traditional & digital media as well as licensing formats / local productions. Reporting to the President of international distribution based in Los Angeles, the SVP Distribution will set a clear vision and strategy to maximize sales and achieve aggressive growth targets for their team’s portfolio of territories.
- Minimum of 7 - 10 years experience in the content distribution business with proven track record of increasing responsibilities.
- Achieved significant top-line sales growth in a highly competitive, rapidly changing environment
- Negotiated short & long-term distribution deals with broadcasters and new platforms for a variety of programming (including film, TV series, formats) in a broad array of territories.
- Managed assigned P&L to meet and exceed budgeted sales targets while not sacrificing the long-term viability of the business. Skilled in modelling sales performance, ensuring that the team meet quarterly & annual sales forecasts.
- Developed and managed a high performance team oriented culture. Lionsgate is an entrepreneurial and fast-moving organization and the successful candidate will embrace and contribute to this culture.
- Familiar with the international programming sales and distribution environment with hands-on experience in digital rights and formats / local productions.
- Possesses an in-depth understanding of the European television and local production markets.
- Highly organised, able to meet strict business deadlines and capable of working under pressure.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills with the ability to confidently interact with all levels of customer management.
- Proven ability to partner with marketing on collateral materials including catalogue programming and campaign for new releases
Specific Responsibilities / Skills
- Setting and achieving annual/quarterly sales forecasts, growing revenues from new market streams and all aspects of commercial negotiations.
- Managing, coaching and developing a Director of Sales and other members of the sales team.
- Ability to thoughtfully set and clearly communicate sales vision and the strategies for achieving that vision.
- Foster and maintain critical day-to-day relationships with respective TV and digital clients and identify new customers for relevant products.
- Keep regular contact with licensees through correspondence, territory visits and attendance at markets. Attend and actively participate in the major markets, both local and international. Conduct regular sales visits to designated territories
- Obtain an on-going detailed knowledge of broadcasters' schedules and competitors' activities throughout assigned territories to develop an excellent knowledge of the media distribution landscape in territory
- Identify market trends in terms of programming requirements, local content/quota regulations, censorship laws, audience preferences and local tastes
- Obtain competitive knowledge of commercial terms paid whilst ensuring that Lionsgate achieves the best commercial terms, thereby maximising revenue
- Negotiate and/or oversee all aspects of license terms with TV and Digital clients
- Effect the closure of deals by liaising with Legal Affairs, Rights & Clearances, Finance, Operations and the Communications department, always ensuring a streamlined process
- Significant travel required for the role
Education: Honors level degree; MBA helpful but not required.
An attractive salary is available to the successful candidate. If you have the skills & experience outlined above and you would like to know more about this opportunity, please send us your CV and salary expectations.