This job is no longer available
Distribution Systems Project Manager - 2 Years Fixed-Term Contract
Universal Pictures markets and distributes films internationally through Universal Pictures International (UPI). In the United Kingdom, Spain, Italy, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Netherlands, France, Russia, Australia, Mexico and India, UPI directly markets and distributes movies through our local offices, creating campaigns and release strategies that respond to the culture and market behaviour of those territories.
A decision has been taken to replace the Territory Distribution Systems in Universal OpCo markets and this has created the need for a “TDS – Distribution Project Manager” to work closely with territory offices and other implementation team members, reporting in to the SVP EMEA Distribution.
Working within our international film distribution division, Universal Pictures International (UPI), this role will be critical to delivering a 21st Century systems solution in to Universal local territory offices. The successful candidate will take on an anticipated 24 month assignment and will be a key member of the project team. She/he will use proven project experience, 360 degree communication abilities, consummate listening skills, sense of diplomacy and positive persuasion techniques to ensure head office & territory business stake-holders are at all times informed and in alignment on all critical steps of the system implementation programme. The principle objective is the successful delivery and uptake of the new TDS system by each of the scoped markets, within budget and according to the instructions and specifications of the project Steering Committee.
As a member of the Film Distribution team and reporting to the SVP Distribution EMEA, you are responsible for the following:
- Act as single point of contact on all business aspects of TDS Implementation – the key link in the communications chain between OpCos/GMs, the SVP EMEA and the broader Project team
- Develop excellent communications and working relationships with all Project stake-holders
- First line filter for system enhancement requests
- Support territories to ensure smooth transition with business partners in exhibition, general business reporting, Head Office stake-holders, etc.
- Ensure that there is a consistent & coherent business approach to TDS integration with other business systems, such as VPF, MCS, eventually Data +
- Provide input based on knowledge of film distribution priorities and activities and be able to discuss detail of system-related issues with authority
- Play an active role in all discussions with territory personnel – acting as a sounding board, championing, supporting, counselling and, if appropriate, brokering compromise solutions
- Act as a communications hub between the different territory stake-holders, keeping all parties informed of issues, discussions and eventual solutions, as they arise; periodically prepare and issue a project update report for this purpose - and to provide continuity of contact with territories not in the first wave of implementation
- Present specific project risks/challenges effectively – with balance, clarity and insight; assist in making recommendations based on sound research & judgement – following discussion with all appropriate stake-holders; seek timely decisions to ensure the project continues without undue delay
- Constantly review project documentation, requirements and specifications to ensure they have kept pace with latest developments
- Alert all parties in a timely way – i.e. allowing for remedial action – where there is any risk that “Business as Usual” may be adversely impacted by the TDS project
- Raise additional training needs, where they arise
- Understand the project budget and take ownership of appropriate budget implications in project discussions
- Champion Business Process change
- Champion new application adoption
- Ensure “One Process” across all OpCos
- Work closely with the Finance Manager, Projects
- Report in to SVP EMEA Distribution
- Report back to Steering Committee
- Provide periodic verbal and written project updates as appropriate and in agreement with the SVP EMEA Distribution
- An understanding of the key practical elements of Film Distribution at a territory level
- Hands-on experience of working with one or more Territory Distribution Systems
- Demonstrable experience of delivering projects to a set time schedule – and full commitment to timescales on the TDS project
- Some multi-territory and/or multi-discipline project background
- Self-starter; ability to set own priorities and objectives from day to day; ability to work under pressure and to deadlines essential
- Committed team player
- A proven ability to organise, plan and communicate effectively – the latter with authority and with understanding of different register and needs, across various levels of the organisation – from junior local territory operative to senior management at head office level
- Assured relationship-management and inter-personal skills; strong verbal and written communication abilities and confident presentation technique
- A determined approach is essential, allied to an empathetic outlook, and an ability to persuade and to inspire trust, confidence and fellowship
- Ability to gather opinions, discriminate and synthesise in to a coherent summary
- A sense of where improvement is possible; the commitment & passion to make proposals to senior colleagues; the adaptability to accept Steering Committee decisions & to implement with conviction
- Languages: English (written and spoken) is essential and additional languages would be beneficial
To apply, please visit the NBCUniversal International Careers website - http://nbcuni-internationalcareers.com/ and search for Job Number 14019BR.