This job is no longer available
Location: NMC, Chiswick Park, London
Department: SBS Discovery Engineering
Reports to: Head of Engineering & Projects
As a Broadcast/IT Engineer you will be working closely with operational staff, identifying problems and resolving them rapidly to maintain the highest levels of transmission reliability for the clients to the Nordic Media Centre.
• To provide 24/7 Engineering support
• To respond to requests from the operational staff
• To fix issues that arise or escalate by the appropriate channels/teams
• To liaise with third party vendors support departments
• To log all issues raised and detail their resolution or ongoing status
• To ensure any open issues are handed over to the following shift
• To participate in installation, testing and commissioning of new services
• To provide a daily/weekly update on developments to the Head of Engineering & Projects
• Ideally educated to degree level or recognized equivalent
• Broadcast Engineering and live broadcast experience
• Experience in the design, construction and operation of complex broadcast systems infrastructure in a tapeless environment would be an advantage
• Track record of technical excellence with a willingness and ability to take part in developing business opportunities
• Experience with server installations and secure networks. Preferably at CCNA level
• Completion of issues raised within the shift or competent handover of outstanding issues to next shift
• Increasing level of experience on all key systems within the Nordic Media Centre
• Continual refreshing of knowledge when new projects are completed
Hours of Work
This is a shift position with an average of 40 hours per week.
Currently running on a rotating pattern.
Shifts include both days and nights.