IPCN Ltd is UK’s largest television format distributor that is solely focusing on the Chinese media market. Working with the world’s leading production companies, top Chinese broadcasters as well as international and domestic advertisers, IPCN has successfully delivered over 30 primetime entertainment shows including national hit China’s Got Talent, The Voice of China, So You Think You Can Dance, The Cube, Supernanny, to name but a few.
We are currently looking for a self-motivated format acquisition manager to look after the operational business relationships with our rights partners in the UK, Europe, US and rest of the world. The position will report to the COO. The candidate will have at least 3 years experience in the Television format market. The remuneration package will be competitive.
For more details about the role http://www.ipcn.co.uk/en/careers
* Proactively review and research the latest television formats, submitting new format reports weekly.
* Attend major television festivals including MIPCom, MIPTV, ATF, Shanghai TV festival and Sichuan TV festival.
* Organising format review sessions internally each month.
* Bi-monthly business trip to China
* Negotiating option and licensing deals with format rights holders.
* Working closely with the legal team on option/licensing contracts.
* Assisting sales team members on researching format information.
* A passion for the television industry and a clear understanding of the current television/digital content markets.
* Strong writing and presentation skills in English.
* Able to work under pressure and facilitate long distance / business trips.
* Basic understanding of TV licensing contracts.
* Experience working in format/production acquisition or sales would be a bonus.
* Mandarin speaking would be a bonus
* Salary competitive
* Fulltime contract with one month notice plus initial 2 month probation period.
Please mail CV to email@example.com or click 'Apply now'