Script Editors/Assistant Script Editors - Hollyoaks
Script Editor/Assistant Script Editor - Hollyoaks
Hollyoaks has just celebrated its 18th Birthday and we are looking for experienced, passionate SCRIPT EDITOR/ASSISTANT SCRIPT EDITOR to bolster our award-winning editorial team as we look to maintain and build on the high standards that have brought us to this important milestone.
Successful candidates will ideally have experience in continuing drama but must certainly love soap and have a proven track record as a script editor. Essential attributes include:
- A brilliant instinct for the balance of comedy, high drama and heart-breaking human stories that define the show.
- An excellent grasp of script structure and story, both within episodes and longer narrative arcs.
- The ability to work calmly to tight deadlines and high standards within the demanding environment of high-volume drama, which requires rock-solid organisational and time-management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to have honest, tough conversations while maintaining the friendly, supportive environment on which we pride ourselves.
- The confidence and creativity to take global notes on scripts and work with writers to implement them imaginatively and independently.
- A good awareness of the production elements of making drama for television.
Please send your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.