This job is no longer available
Physical Production Manager – Maternity Cover
Universal Pictures International Production (UPIP)
Universal Pictures markets and distributes films internationally through Universal Pictures International (UPI). In the United Kingdom, Spain, Italy, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Netherlands, France, Russia, Australia, Mexico and India, UPI directly markets and distributes movies through our local offices, creating campaigns and release strategies that respond to the culture and market behaviour of those territories.
Part of UPI, UPIP is an international production and acquisitions label which develops, co-produces and acquires theatrical feature films for Universal theatrical distribution channels around the world.
As a member of the UPIP team and reporting to the VP, International Production, you are responsible for the following:
• Manage processes that track a production’s progress from Greenlight to final Delivery.
• Liaise directly with production and post-production supervisors on shooting schedules, production paperwork and receipt of dailies, edits and delivery materials.
• Review dailies and edits as they are delivered, notify executives and assemble and deliver playlists internally.
• Collate, review and distribute relevant paperwork including cast and crew lists, production & post-production schedules, call sheets, wrap reports, cost reports and all other documentation.
• Ensure secure systems are in place for receiving dailies and edits.
• Liaise with the servicing team and the UK and LA dub rooms regarding the transfer of material and piracy issues. Communicate UPI anti-piracy policies to producers and sales agents.
• Negotiate a delivery schedule, laboratory location and timeline with producers and sales agents.
• Liaise with finance and legal teams regarding delivery requirements, acceptance of delivery materials and approval of final payments.
• Liaise closely with producers and servicing to ensure all materials are received on time and according to Universal specifications. Prepare Delivery Status Reports, denoting materials received and technically accepted.
• Liaise with our production finance executive in LA on budgets, cash flows and payments. Identify the trigger points for payments and anticipate when these occur during production, post and delivery.
• Handle internal requests for UPIP materials.
Ownership – you are proud to be part of the team. You thrive on rising to the challenge and finding solutions to team challenges. You deliver on your commitments and always consider the “customer” view point when you provide your input to decisions.
Pioneering Spirit –you can see trends and patterns and identify missing pieces. You turn ideas in to action. You can anticipate the needs of others and take a proactive approach to working with people.
Teamwork – you bring energy to the job and you are proactive in getting to know people and connecting with your peers. You find opportunities where two heads are better than one and encourage people to share ideas and opinions. You have a flexible style that means you can work well with different types of people.
Creativity – you will enjoy working with others to generate ideas and be an ambassador for changes that mean we can always work to improve our game. You will drive the implementation of best practice and improvement and you will encourage others to do the same.
Integrity – you will consistently deliver on commitments, providing timely and accurate data and communication. You will enjoy rising to challenges and set your own high personal standards in your work. You will be active in seeking feedback and seeking out development opportunities.
• Demonstrable experience of managing technical delivery of feature films for International Distribution.
• Strong communication skills (written and verbal), coupled with the ability to communicate effectively in a clear and concise manner tailored to the individual audience.
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work closely with a variety of individuals across production and post-production, negotiating and influencing them where necessary to achieve the desired results.
• Detail-orientated with the ability to handle multiple priorities and work towards tight deadlines.
• Excellent project, process and budget management skills.
• Proactive self-starter with the ability to work independently as well as collaboratively within a team.
• Able to work under pressure in a fast moving and changing environment.
• Demonstrable Feature Film Production experience in either a production management or production co-ordinator capacity.
• Experience of working within the Post Production department on a film production or post production facility.
To apply, please visit the NBCUniversal International Careers website - http://nbcuni-internationalcareers.com/ and search for Job Number 12516BR.