This job is no longer available
The Shed Media Group is a leading creator and distributor of television content. The group produces long-running television brands in drama, factual, documentary, factual entertainment and history.
The group has grown significantly both organically and through strategic acquisition. To date, the group consists of Ricochet Television, Wall to Wall Media, Twenty Twenty Television, Yalli Productions, Renegade TV and Watershed TV.
Based in central London and with offices in Brighton, Scotland and Los Angeles Shed Media is a vibrant environment with well educated, intelligent and ambitious employees. The values of Integrity, Diligence, Openness and Enthusiasm sum up the culture and approach that we embrace.
Whilst employed by The Shed Media Group, you will be part of an in house Post Production team that will work across all group companies providing services and support to all our clients.
As Senior MCR operator, your role will be to proactively ensure that all MCR /Transfers jobs, systems and equipment run smoothly and our clients receive exceptional service during all contact with you and at all times. You will be responsible for all transfers work, both tape and file based standards conversions and QC. In addition to this you will provide advice to productions on best practices and workflows.
This role will be based primarily in the London office but you will be expected at times to visit each Shed Media Group location depending on requirements.
This role will suit a MCR operator looking for a new challenge and seeking to play a key role within this hugely successful sector. As with any Media / Television company, at times you will work within a very fast paced environment which requires an individual to remain calm under pressure and prioritise when multiple tasks must be managed simultaneously.
- in-depth knowledge of HD/SD formats
- understanding of FTP and file delivery systems
- DVD Authoring
- Knowledge of Avid & FCP systems
- Understanding of video routers
- Time keeping and reporting using scheduling software
- Tape and file based standards conversion
- Tape and file based QC
- Understand the principles of AS11 delivery standard
- Have a strong working knowledge of a non-linear editing environment on shared Storage from offline to online
- Have a strong knowledge of different tape and file based workflows and formats
- Be able to prioritize jobs and work around problems
- Be able to work well within a team environment
- Have excellent communication skills
- Digitize / ingest file and tape based footage
- Assist in DVD and digicut play outs
- Setting up VT equipment for various jobs
- Maintaining stock levels
- Preparing stock