Television Development Executive
Well established production company, is looking for a highly motivated and enthusiastic Development Executive to join its innovative creative team and facilitate the creative and technical aspects of the scripted television development department. The ideal candidate will have a passion for developing new television concepts and formats. The role will also include managing the current television slate and guiding those projects through to the development process to production and commissioning writing/directing talent. This is an opportunity for the individual to build on the relationships and successes of the Company thus far, but to also to grow and expand a vital area within the Company.
- Developing and maintaining direct relationships with Writers
- Liaising with Broadcasters and Agents.
- Sourcing, reviewing or outsourcing material submitted, coordinating material from submission to response.
- Coordinating new and existing projects.
- Liaising with key individuals in the Company on all aspects of the development.
Qualities & Skills:
- Working knowledge of key writers and agents
- Assertive and Pro Active.
- Ability to work under pressure and multi-task.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Enjoys structure and organization.
- Solution driven / attention to detail.
- Fiscally and creatively responsible.
- An active interest in and an awareness of current and upcoming trends.
- Understanding of the development process.
- Appreciation of the phases of production.