Creative Advertising Manager
Universal Pictures International (UPI) owns and operates direct theatrical marketing and distribution of feature films in many locations around the globe including Austria, Australia, France, Germany, Italy, Korea, Mexico, Netherlands, Russia, Spain, Switzerland and UK & Eire. In other territories UPI market and distribute movies through its JV offices, as well as in select territories, licensees who are contracted to distribute on UPI's behalf.
As a member of the Creative Advertising Team, you will be reporting into the SVP Creative Advertising, and responsible for the following:
• Work closely with the senior creative executives to help implement creative strategy across the Universal slate
• Work with the senior creative team on the development of posters, trailers, digital advertising, outdoor and TV spots for assigned titles whilst taking creative responsibility for specific aspects of a campaign under the guidance of a senior creative
• Dovetail with the online team and their agencies on all campaigns and be the creative voice in their online strategy and implementation process
• Manage the online advertising creative requirements for assigned titles, working closely with the international and domestic Digital Media teams
• Manage outdoor artwork versioning for assigned titles
• Manage the production of photo shoots including call sheets, sourcing props, diary management, budgets and liaison with talent representatives
• Work in partnership with the creative servicing team to ensure creative materials are distributed to each territory within deadline and budget
• Deputise for senior creative executives whenever required and present the relevant creative viewpoint in their absence to management and filmmakers
• Work with the media team and the field to generate accurate post-campaign analysis including examples of real world usage of creative
• Provide accurate, detailed and relevant briefs to third party agencies.
Ownership – you cut through complexity and create simple frameworks that everyone can understand. You take responsibility for team objectives and help others to change their perspective. You delegate appropriately knowing when to instruct and direct and when to coach.
Pioneering Spirit – you always share information about competitors with the team. You anticipate events that could impact the success of the team and you find ways round them. You know how to prioritise the needs of your client and you always ensure you are adding real value to these relationships.
Teamwork – you turn input and ideas from others into decisions and make them real. You always encourage others to share their ideas and opinions, and create situations that energise the team. You consider the different needs and styles of others and are flexible in your approach so that you can get the best out of every situation. You always celebrate success.
Creativity – You take the lead to generate ideas and encourage others to take part too. You use your networks across teams and businesses to do so. You always look for new improvements in your work and tackle situations that can be tricky with a creative problem-solving approach.
Integrity – you ensure accuracy by setting a good example as well as overseeing others’ high standard of work. You always look for ways to improve systems and processes to improve the quality of data and establish better tracking procedures. You are comfortable talking about feedback to improve team performance and spread best practice. You are passionate about people learning from their experiences.
• Demonstrated experience in a creative role gained within TV, music, art, film distribution, creative agency and/or film exhibition
• Ability to envision the bigger picture and think strategically with an innate creativity and curiosity
• Strong presentation and communication skills (written and verbal), coupled with the ability to communicate effectively in a clear and concise manner tailored to the individual audience
• Detail-orientated with the ability to handle multiple priorities and tight deadlines
• Able to work under pressure in a fast moving and changing environment
• Proactive self-starter with the ability to work independently as well as collaboratively within a team
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to successfully influence people across differing levels, cultures and personalities
• Track record in successful project management, ability to take on a project and own it from beginning to end
• Graduate with a minimum 2.1 or equivalent
• Genuine passion for film, music and cinema
• Knowledge of digital and AV formats and design processes would be an advantage
To apply, please visit the NBCUniversal International Careers website - http://nbcuni-internationalcareers.com/ and search for Job Number 12214BR.