Independent production company Primate Planet Productions Ltd. (PPP) is looking for an innovative and highly motivated managing director. The company produces “Monkey Life” a long-running factual obs-doc wildlife series about the lives and relationships of the primates at Monkey World – Ape Rescue Centre. PPPLtd is now producing Series 8 covering international rescues, work in the UK and Vietnam, as well as other projects. Based on site in the beautiful county of Dorset close to the Jurassic Coast, this role is unique, and will appeal to a candidate with an entrepreneurial spirit.
As the MD, you’ll set the strategic vision of the company, and manage a team based on site to deliver the core series and other projects. You’ll provide strong leadership ensuring the team is engaged, motivated and nurtured.
You will manage existing key relationships with clients and create new business opportunities both in the UK and abroad. You’ll manage the business operations whilst taking full responsibility for P&L and growing the company sustainably, reporting directly to the shareholders.
The Ideal Candidate
In order to take the business forward, we’re looking for a creative individual with significant experience working in the TV production business.
• Experience spanning production, development, operations, finance, legal, sales and marketing at a senior level.
• Proven track record in negotiating deals across all media platforms and developing new business opportunities.
• A good relationship with commissioners both in the UK and abroad.
• You’ll have worked as a Head of Production and/or Executive Producer with broadcast credits in the past, delivering series to both terrestrial and non-terrestrial broadcasters.
• A good understanding of technical equipment and data management processes.
• Work well under pressure and are able to deliver to tight deadlines.
• Have a decisive and pragmatic approach to problem solving with strong attention to detail.
Please only apply if you have relevant experience. We will certainly try to respond to all applications.
For more information about this role, and to apply, please send a cover letter and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 30th October 2013