This job is no longer available
Career Category Creative & Content
Division Media Technology Production and Operations Division
Working within Post Production, an Editor is primarily responsible for cutting original content, graphics creation, reversioning and cutting to clock materials for transmission. This role requires advanced Avid editing skills, strong storytelling abilities and a thorough understanding of technical Post Production workflows.
The Discovery Editor will support the Edit Supervisor in providing high levels of customer services to all clients. Editors will be required to highlight any edit session, client needs, or work flow challenges/efficiencies to the Edit Supervisor. This role will also be required to log any technical or operational problems and report to the Edit Supervisor.
* Editing original content from rushes and archive footage.
* Performs light reversion edit s and formatting edits according to Discovery style guides and edit instructions.
* Performs non-linear SD & HD editing using Avid Media Composer.
* Creates opening title sequences and other graphics using After Effects
* Engage with the Producers to maintain the look and feel of the Discovery channels.
* Communicates queries or missing materials to the Edit Coordinators.
* Maintain QC standards of newly created materials.
* Complete edit reports.
* Responsible for ensuring all operational procedures are followed.
* Support the edit supervisor in day to day operating duties.
* Log any technical or operational errors they experience on their shift.
* Ensures that all aspects of Ofcom Codes of Practice relating to the channels are observed.
* Ad hoc duties
* Ideally educated to degree level or recognised equivalent.
* Substantial years' editing experience
* Advanced knowledge of compositing and colour correction techniques
* Advanced knowledge of Avid and After Effects packages.
* Advanced knowledge of HD editing techniques, file based work flows and codecs.
* Strong story telling abilities.
* Ability to edit light reversions and original content from rushes.
* Good operational knowledge of editing within a broadcaster.
* Excellent understanding of video and audio theory.
* Good communication and interpersonal skills.
* Ability to identify and prioritise problems.
* Ability to work well under pressure.
* Decision making skills.
* Smoke knowledge would be a distinct advantage.