Post Production Support Engineer
Post Production Support Engineer
The Shed Media Group is a leading creator and distributor of television content. The group produces long-running television brands in drama, factual, documentary, factual entertainment and history.
The group has grown significantly both organically and through strategic acquisition. To date, the group consists of Ricochet Television, Wall to Wall Media, Twenty Twenty Television, Yalli Productions, Renegade TV and Watershed TV.
Based in central London and with offices in Brighton, Scotland and Los Angeles Shed Media is a vibrant environment with well educated, intelligent and ambitious employees. The values of integrity, diligence, openness and enthusiasm sum up the culture and approach that we embrace.
Whilst employed by The Shed Media Group, you will be part of an in house Post Production team that will work across all group companies providing services and support to all our clients.
As Support/Post Production Engineer, your role will be to proactively ensure that all our systems and equipment run smoothly and our clients receive exceptional service during all contact with you and at all times. You will be responsible for supporting services, systems and users across the company’s UK offices remotely and with visits to sites, supporting and resolving issues whilst giving a positive face to the Post Production department.
This role will be based primarily in the London office but you will be expected at times to visit each Shed Media Group location depending on support requirements.
This role will suit an Engineer/Technician looking for a new challenge and seeking to play a key role within this hugely successful sector. As with any Media / Television company, at times you will work within a very fast paced environment which requires an individual to remain calm under pressure and prioritise when multiple tasks must be managed simultaneously.
Skills & Qualifications
• Proven support skills, approachable and presents in a professional manner
• Ability to effectively translate technical information and workflows to clients
• Possession of a logical thought process with sound analytical and troubleshooting skills
• Previous experience of support within a Post production environment is essential
• Proven knowledge of tapeless backup systems and best practices
• Working Knowledge of LTO archive solutions.
• Experience of supporting and managing shared media storage
• Sound organizational skills
• Working knowledge of Avid Editing systems
• Knowledge of tape and tapeless workflows
• Working knowledge of remote support techniques
• Good knowledge of PC’s and HP Server hardware
• Experience of Editshare, Ark and Flow (advantageous)
• Experience of planning and deploying upgrades
• Understanding the principles of digital delivery
Industry accreditation's including ACSR would be highly beneficial to your application however not required.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an articulate and focused Engineer to develop their skills and experience with an interesting and expanding company.
Working Hours: Monday – Friday 9.30am – 18.00, some weekend work maybe required. Notice will be given.
Email CVs and cover letter outlining notice period, current and expectant salary: CVs@Shed-media.com