TV & Animation Consultant
TV & Animation Consultant
Contract: £30,000 pa / 3 days per week
With the launch of the Creative Sector Tax Reliefs for High-End TV and Animation, Film London has secured additional funding from the London Enterprise Partnership to attract and service TV and animation productions. We are now looking to recruit additional staff to the existing team to support our work in the capital.
Film London is seeking to contract a dynamic freelance TV & Animation Consultant with excellent knowledge of the TV and Animation production sector, their budgets and requirements
The position of a freelance TV & Animation Consultant is suited to someone with TV production background. They will be reporting to the Head of Inward Investment & Business Development and the Filming Partnership Manager and will be responsible for the following areas:
• To develop a strategy for Film London to attract U.S, international and UK TV and animation productions to base their productions in London to increase investment levels from both sectors to London’s economy. This will be delivered working closely with the Filming Partnership Manager.
• To identify, plan, manage and successfully deliver a TV and animation event programme of road shows, networking events and seminars throughout the financial year 2013/14 to promote the new tax credits. This will include financial management of the events, sourcing of partners and panellists and venues as well as evaluations of events.
• To develop and nurture relationships with TV and animation production companies that are developing productions suitable for London; to respond to and field requests from producers with regards to the tax credits and any specific requirements that they may have.
• To work with the Filming Partnership Manager on the planning and delivery sector of specific outbound and inbound trade missions.
• To liaise with Film London’s partners such with regards to any capacity issues relating to crew.
• To promote and champion London’s unique selling points to the TV and animation production world, its studios, facilities, vfx and sfx companies as well as skills.
• To produce regular reports of meetings and ensure that outcomes and feedback is recorded on Film London’s systems.
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE AND PERSONAL QUALITIES
• Excellent knowledge of TV and Animation Production Sector in the UK and internationally.
• Experience and contacts within UK and/or U.S. High End Television Drama productions for large scale TV shows/series.
• Good understanding of the Creative Sector Tax Reliefs for High End Television Drama and Animation.
• Existing relationships with both Studio and independent U.S. Television production companies.
• Good knowledge of production budgets and costings.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• Demonstrable track record of developing and nurturing relationships.
• Good knowledge / understanding of all aspects of TV and animation production.
• Team player
Applicants should post a brief statement in response to the above spec along with a CV to Jobs, Film London, Suite 6.10, The Tea Building, 56 Shoreditch High Street, London E1 6JJ or email them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for applications: 6pm, 28th May 2013
It is the policy of Film London to promote and integrate equality of opportunity into all aspects of its business, including its appointment of staff. We wish to ensure that Film London reflects the diversity of the communities in which it works. We welcome applications from groups currently under-represented including Black, Asian and Chinese and other ethnic minority groups, and disabled people