This job is no longer available
Film Buyer – Vue Entertainment
Up to £36,000 Plus Employer Contributory Pension Scheme, Group Income Protection, Life Assurance, 23 Days' Holiday, Bonus Scheme, Child Care Vouchers, Free Cinema Tickets
Vue Entertainment is a leading UK and multi-territory cinema operator. We are currently looking to recruit a Film Buyer at our Head Office in Chiswick.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a company that understands the importance of having a robust succession plan and identifying talented individuals who have the potential to progress.
As a Film Buyer, you will ensure that the right film is played in the right cinema, on the right screen, at the right time, through forecasting of film performance, analysis of results and effective negotiation with film distributors.
You will forecast the customer demand for film titles based on viewing titles, considering distributor marketing activity and researching comparable titles, predicting their commercial viability for individual cinemas and the circuit overall.
You will also approve film schedules produced at cinema level, creating actual schedules as required, basing decisions on consumer demand and anticipated admissions.
Your other duties will include:
- Conducting daily reviews of film performance and reacting appropriately within each cinema to results
- Analysing and evaluating market share, using all relevant tools and knowledge of competitor activity, in order to maintain and grow performance
- Negotiating with film distributors, ensuring the best possible outcomes are achieved for all booking decisions
- Signing off a set of trailers for each title with distributors that maximises relevant audience exposure
- Building and maintaining relationships with suppliers that ensure Vue is the preferred 'partner of choice'
To be considered for this role, you must have:
- Proven success analysing and interpreting complex business data within a commercial environment
- A track record of successfully negotiating outcomes with external suppliers
- Extensive knowledge of films including forthcoming releases, their audience appeal and commercial viability
- Knowledge of market trends within the film industry, as well as within UK exhibitors
- Evidence of building good working relationships across all levels of staff
Additionally, as a Film Buyer, you must be able to work independently and have experience of meeting tight deadlines. Tenacity, drive and a good sense of humour are also key.
To apply for the role of Film Buyer, please apply via the button shown.
This vacancy is being advertised by Web Recruit Ltd. The services advertised by Web Recruit Ltd are those of an Employment Agency.