This job is no longer available
Ambitious Film and Media group incorporating film financing, production & distribution are seeking an experienced Development Executive to join their team in London and spearhead the development of projects with international commercial appeal.
The candidate will report to the Board of Directors and be responsible for the strategic planning, management and overall activity of the company’s newly funded development arm. Using their existing talent relationships and forging new ones, they will oversee current projects and bring in new projects to develop in house, with the aim of bringing as many as possible to the production stage.
They will be responsible for sourcing and assessing new project ideas, and working closely with the management team to continue to grow the Company’s business.
Self motivation and creative vision are a must, along with the ability to work effectively both independently and within a group. The successful candidate must also have a talent for thinking creatively and laterally to generate fresh approaches to challenges.
The successful candidate will be expected to have an extensive knowledge of film, both current and past and a good understanding of the workings of the industry, not least the structure and parameters of talent agreements.
Identify and nurture potential talent and ideas in order to maintain a steady flow of projects into the Company’s development slate
Independently initiate, develop, inspire and manage fruitful-creative relationships with a wide range of producers, directors, writers and talent agents to ensure a steady supply of the strongest ideas
Manage and quality control a wide range of often challenging development projects – overseeing and managing any complexities that arise
Broaden the range of producers, writers and directors the group currently works with
Represent the company nationally and internationally at markets and festivals
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE AND PERSONAL QUALITIES:
- The successful candidate must have a strong proven track record encompassing experience and knowledge of development and production
- Must be passionate and knowledgeable about film, with a strong proven track record of demonstrating creative flair, strong decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Must have sound editorial judgement
- Strong proven track record in ideas development and creation
- Have strong existing talent relationships and evidence of ability to find and build new ones
- Good range of contacts in UK and international film industries
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of recent developments in the UK film industry in particular
Interested Candidates should send their CV and cover letter to: