This job is no longer available
Apply your technical skills around Broadcast Systems for this Global Leader in Digital Infrastructure
Arqiva is a communications infrastructure and media services company spearheading the provision of network solutions and services in the digital world. We provide much of the infrastructure behind television, radio, satellite and wireless communications, both in the UK and globally. Customers include world-renowned major broadcasters and telco providers.
As Network Broadcast Operator reporting to the Shift Leader, you’ll be responsible for ensuring the efficient and smooth running operation of our MCR, and Coding and Multiplex facilities within our Feltham Broadcast Media Centre. That will involve monitoring and provision of first line support for Coding and Multiplex and Conditional Access platforms, in addition to checking and, where appropriate, editing broadcast schedules. Other key elements of the role include:
• transmission control for customers’ reactive and non-reactive channels
• MCR operation, including the backhaul/downlink, line-up and co-ordination of line and satellite feeds
• fault-finding and escalation
• first line fault identification and resolution.
You’ll need an HND/BTEC level qualification in Electronics or Programming, or be able to demonstrate equivalent knowledge, underpinned by in-depth technical knowledge of broadcast systems processes and of the end-to-end Channel Playout process. Your other attributes will include:
• the ability to prioritise workload and work well under pressure
• good organisational skills, with accuracy and with attention to detail
• strong all-round communication skills
• computing skills, including a general understanding of WINDOWS operating systems.
Some experience of the Playout environment and/or broadcast operations would be an advantage.
For certain projects, security clearance will be required, for which you’ll be asked to supply personal details.
If you can see yourself playing a role at the core of our developing technologies, there’s a great career pathway awaiting you at Arqiva. To apply please click on the apply button below.
Job reference OLR5176