This job is no longer available
We are seeking an outstanding individual to help us formulate and run this programme.
BBC Connected Studio is an innovation initiative within BBC Future Media designed to stimulate mid-term, disruptive, innovation. The first phase is a programme of ‘Studio’ events tied to 10 BBC Online audience facing products with the goal of adding a range of new functions, features or formats across beyond the current priorities.
Future Media is now building on the success of this first phase to create a permanent physical and virtual space in which the BBC and wider industry can explore ‘connected storytelling’ through projects that develop new, distinctive and connected content and the tools that make this content possible.
We aim to encourage innovation at scale, providing the environment and level of resources needed to pursue big, game-changing ideas and maximise successful transfer of ideas into live BBC output – both online and broadcast.
The Studio will support collaboration and partnership across the UK creative sector - encompassing broadcasters, producers, developers, academics and the wider industry.
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
• A motivated, individual with entrepreneurial attitude and a strong network of contacts across the UK media industry.
• Experience working in a senior management role within a large organisation ideally in the media, or a closely related, industry.
• Able to communicate effectively, and with credibility, to audiences ranging from technologists and academia to product teams and senior executives.
• A track record of successfully evangelizing new ideas, work methods and technologies within large organisations.
• Broad understanding of the technologies relevant to modern broadcasting organisations combined with an excellent understanding of current and emerging thinking within internet and digital media technologies, products and services.
• Strong track record of leading, motivating and inspiring multi-disciplinary project teams. Experience of mentoring and coaching team members.
• Knowledge and understanding of the tools, techniques and processes required to develop cross-platform, cutting-edge, products and services.
• Experience of rapid prototyping techniques and approaches – both lo and hi-fidelity
• Experience of IPR generation and management (including patenting, defensive publishing and open source or commercial licensing).
• Familiar with the UK and European collaborative project funding process and community
• Appreciation of the regulatory and strategic context of the BBC.
To apply, please click on the apply link to be redirected to the BBC website.
Closing date: 23 November 2012.