Director, Format Sales
Maternity cover interim role
Warner Bros. Entertainment is a fully integrated, broad-based entertainment company is a global leader in the creation, production, distribution, licensing and marketing of all forms of creative content and their related businesses, across all current and emerging media and platforms.
Warner Bros. International Television Production (WBITP) is Warner’s international production unit (WBITP) that is establishing operating production companies in major territories around the world within WB international), with the mandate to create locally produced versions of programmes owned by the Studio and to develop original local programming on a market by market basis.
You will devise, drive and implement sales strategy for WBITVP formats that ensures sustained focus and growth by market and platform, to achieve agreed revenue and sales targets. Territories: Nordic countries and Asia.
You will ideally need to be immediately available for this interim role, with a proven track record of television format sales (ideally in Nordics and Asia), excellent business acumen and analytical skills and strong attention to detail. You will also need excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to present compelling pitches to broadcasters. Strong negotiation and influencing skills with senior level clients is vital.
Essential job functions:
- Act as the format expert for WB in the Territory, being aware of, and knowing all relevant media companies and their key staff; understanding the business landscape and being cognizant of the political, economic and social environment and trends.
- Proactively promote and sell the WBITVP catalogue across all genres for formats and understand the full catalogue thoroughly and proactively manage the negotiation of all deals in market, ensuring timely achievement of negotiation objectives and key success criteria to maximise returns and achieve commercial objectives
- Develop strong relationships with existing and new customers to gain an understanding of markets and competitors, ensuring appropriate negotiation targets are set and achieved
- Understand the production issues and key creative sales points of the formats in the catalogue
- Prepare annual budget forecast and a 5-year plan for the Territory in conjunction with Finance team and Senior Sales Management
- Monitor changes in the market and adapt sales strategy accordingly to maximise exploitation of all rights and profitability
- Maintain appropriate balance between delivery of excellent customer service and achieving sale objectives, acting at all times as an excellent ambassador and professional role model
- Take innovative and entrepreneurial approaches to introduce new deal types and/or develop and implement growth strategy to maximise revenue in the Territory
- Demonstrate strong negotiation and influencing skills with senior clients across all principle media groups in the Territory
- Prepare and make pre-sales pitch (including marketing materials, organising and attending major markets and sending out screeners).
For more information and to apply online please