This job is no longer available
[PIAS] manages and controls a range of digital and physical rights on behalf of the record labels, artists, comedians and repertoire owners it works with. [PIAS] is proud to represent some of the worlds finest independently owned music, comedy and audio-visual repertoire. We offer a broad range of services on a multi-territorial basis.
[PIAS] is looking to increase its resource and expertise in the management of the content and repertoire we represent on YouTube, Vevo, Daily Motion and other audio-visual based services. This specialized element of our service provides artists, creatives and repertoire owners with a fully managed solution that supports the development, curation, optimization and monetizing of video content on the web.
The role includes being responsible for the way in which channels, not least on YouTube, are developed, programmed and managed.
Key functions will include:
• Oversee the development and increase in viewing figures of specific YouTube channels
• Drive updating, tagging, links, refreshing and optimising of content
• Scheduling, timing of programming, ‘tent poling’, themes etc
• Encourage traffic driving initiatives – marketing, awareness, YouTube editorial promotions
• Cross promotion opportunities
• Develop and produce content for partner channels
• Creates and develops traffic drivers, series, brands etc
• Manage ‘Live’ activity on designate channels
• Develop new content ideas and initiatives – idents, stings, calls to action, competitions
• Drive awareness on channels of up-sell features (e.g. Store, affiliate links etc)
• KPI’s include reaching audience and identifiable revenue targets associated with specific channels
Skills and experience required:
• Experience of online audio-visual destinations
• Demonstrable experience of audio-visual or online programming
• Experience and skills related to audience building and traffic driving techniques
• A familiarity and ability to use basic functions of video and picture editing software
• Previous experience of YouTube and its content management tools a distinct advantage
• Creative, driven and enthusiastic approach to the development of content and its successful implementation
• Demonstrable experience and appreciation for online media platforms– not least YouTube, Vevo and others.
• Being organized and demonstrating an affinity with ‘producing’ to deadline and objectives
• Clear and effective communication skills – both online and via telephone
• An enthusiastic approach towards music and creative media, ideally with an appreciation for the kind of repertoire [PIAS] represents
• An international outlook is important and an ability to speak French would also be advantageous but not critical
• Ability to work to tight deadlines with efficiency and clarity.
• The Channel Manager position offers a clear opportunity to grow both within the digital team and [PIAS] as a whole. The successful candidate will be exposed to a broad range of [PIAS]’s business functions and will be a valued member of an exciting and growing part of our operation.
• According to experience
• Interested applicants should send their CV and covering letter to email@example.com marking the subject header ‘Channel Manager’. Applications should be received no later than 27th April 2012.
[PIAS] is the definitive marketing, sales, distribution and licensing solution offering a highly professional and flexible service for music, film and comedy repertoire on an international basis.
[PIAS] supplies a broad range of highly professional services for leading repertoire owners across both physical and digital routes to market. The group also has significant operations in the UK, Belgium, France, Netherlands, Spain, Germany, Australia and Ireland. In addition to its local operations [PIAS] has an international network of partners that enables it to offer its services on a truly global basis.
[PIAS] owns premium repertoire via its [PIAS] Recordings, [PIAS] Comedy and its Strictly Confidential publishing operation. Visit www.pias.com for more.